Effective Jan 1, 2020 by California law AB 379, all Coaches and Referees associated with youth sports programs must annually complete Sudden Cardiac Arrest training (SCA). Details may be found at...
We have a new state mandated training requirement for all AYSO volunteers (administrators, board members, coaches, referees, coordinators, instructors, etc.). This is a one-time only training for AYSO volunteers in California.
Please follow the below steps to get this completed ASAP:
- Go to website: https://www.aysovolunteers.org/sudden-cardiac-arrest-sca-2/
- Click on the “One-time Training” link in the table row pertaining to “California”.
- Create NFHS account by clicking “Sign-In” icon at top right of webpage.
- “Order” Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) course…….it is free of charge!
- Course takes about 15 minutes to complete (simple 6 question quiz at end of course).
- Save completion certificate as a pdf (keep for your records).
- Area staff: email your Area Director a PDF copy of your completion certification for their records.
- Region volunteers: email your Regional Commissioner a PDF copy of your completion certification for their records.
If you have questions, please contact Al Prado, Director of Referee Instruction