Introduction and Purpose
The purpose of this program is to provide AYSO players who desire participation in a competitive soccer experience with a solution that will satisfy their needs and will provide the following benefits to the players and region:
- Positive coaching
- A competitive soccer experience that provides more-skilled AYSO players a place to develop their skills at a level of enjoyment they seek and at a cost that is substantially less than other non AYSO soccer programs.
- Additionally, this program will afford participating regions an opportunity to retain?volunteers frequently lost to other non AYSO soccer programs.
Application of AYSO Philosophies
The AYSO EXTRA Program complies with the Six Philosophies of AYSO:
- EVERYONE PLAYS Our programs goal is for kids to play soccer so we mandate that every player on every team must play at least one half of every game, with the preference of every player playing at least of every game (roster size allowing)
- BALANCED TEAMS Each year we form new teams as evenly balanced as possible because it is fair and more fun when teams of equal ability play. If a region has more than one team in a division in EXTRA play, each team must be balanced.
- OPEN REGISTRATION Our program is open to all children who want to register and play soccer. Interest and enthusiasm are the only criteria for playing. Any registered player is eligible to apply for an age appropriate team. Players not selected are guaranteed placement on a team in the standard primary core program.
- POSITIVE COACHING Encouragement of player effort provides for greater enjoyment by the players and ultimately leads to better-skilled and better-motivated players.
- GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP We strive to create a positive based on mutual respect rather than a win-at-all-costs attitude, and our program is designed to instill good sportsmanship in all facets of AYSO. All players, parents, coaches and other AYSO volunteers in the EXTRA program are expected to adhere to a high standard of conduct and sportsmanship.
- PLAYER DEVELOPMENT We believe that all players should be able to develop their soccer skills and knowledge to the best of their abilities, both individually and as members of a team, in order to maximize their enjoyment of the game.
Updated: October 15, 2018 at 10:23 AM