“Soccer is like a play in two acts with the referee as the director. The drama contains the full spectrum of emotions including suspense, excitement, periods of calm followed by intense action, there are heroes and occasionally villains, and good performances building to a dramatic conclusion. A good director (referee) with well-coached actors (players) has the capability of creating a wonderful two-act play (game) that will be enjoyed by all who observe.” — Ken Aston
The Section 1 Referee website provides all volunteers in Section 1 with current information, guidance and training opportunities to fulfill all aspects of the AYSO National Referee Program. A good place to find everything about the program is in the National Referee Program Manual. You will find links to topics such as Laws of the Game, Referee forms, Books on Refereeing, Game videos and more. This material is provided to assist in your development as a Referee.
If there are additional materials or links that you feel would benefit our Referee community, please forward your recommendations to the Section 1 Referee Administrator.
- 10 Sept 2019: AYSOU Updates AYSOU has had a few challenges these past few weeks which have been worked and there are a few enhancements to share: Adding a Student to a Roster We’ve been experiencing issues (timeouts, etc.) with adding a student to a roster. We’ve identified the issue and have come up with a solution. There will be a search function, ...
- 2019 Player Development Implementation 2019 Player Development Implementation
- 2019 LoTG: Clarification Read this clarification by IFAB on the application of Law 16 – The Goal Kick: 2019_Circular_16_LoG_Law_16_clarification and… 2019 Circular 17 LOTG
2019 Annual Referee Update
The 2019 Annual Referee Update, presented at the AYSO 1-10-11 Section Meeting in San Diego 22-24 March 2019, is available for download here.
Summary of the 2019 Changes To the Laws of the Game
A description of this year’s International Football Association Board changes to the Laws of the Game. Goes into effect 1 June 2019.
Interested in becoming a (better) Referee?
2019 Goals and Objectives
- Implement the AYSO National Referee Program in response to the needs of AYSO Volunteers in Section 1
- Promote Referee Assessment and Instruction for all AYSO Referees
- Provide officials of the highest caliber for Section programs
- Support the special development needs of Women Referees
- Promote Referee mentoring, development and retention