“Soccer is like a play in two acts with the referee as the director. The drama contains the full spectrum of emotions including suspense, excitement, periods of calm followed by intense action, there are heroes and occasionally villains, and good performances building to a dramatic conclusion. A good director (referee) with well-coached actors (players) has the capability of creating a wonderful two-act play (game) that will be enjoyed by all who observe.” — Ken Aston
The Section One Referee website was created to provide all volunteers in Section One with information, guidance and training opportunities to fulfill all aspects of the AYSO National Referee Program. A good place to find everything about the program is in the National Referee Program Manual.
You will find links to topics such as Laws of the Game, Referee forms, Books on Refereeing, Game videos and more. This material is provided to assist in your development as a Referee. If there are additional materials or links that you feel would benefit our Referee community, please forward your recommendations to the Section One Referee Administrator.
Summary of the 2012 Changes To the Laws of the Game
A summary of this year’s International Football Association Board changes to the Laws of the Game.
Annual Referee Update
Interested in becoming a (better) Referee?
Section One 2012 Goals and Objectives
- Implement the AYSO National Referee Program in response to the needs of AYSO Referees in Section One
- Promote Referee Assessment and Instruction for all AYSO Referees
- Provide officials of the highest caliber for Section and State programs
- Support the special development needs of Women Referees
- Promote Referee mentoring, development and retention
- Provide ongoing support of projects designated by the National Referee Advisory Commission
- Organize and plan for 2014 National Games in Section One
Section One Referee Staff
- Section One Referee Administrator: Rick Roberts
- Section One Director of Referee Assessment: Gary Whitaker
- Section One Director of Referee Instruction: Sandy Wright
- Section One Referee Assignor: Jody Kinsey