“Soccer is like a play in two acts with the referee as the director. The drama contains the full spectrum of emotions including suspense, excitement, periods of calm followed by intense action, there are heroes and occasionally villains, and good performances building to a dramatic conclusion. A good director (referee) with well-coached actors (players) has the capability of creating a wonderful two-act play (game) that will be enjoyed by all who observe.” — Ken Aston
The Section One Referee website provides all volunteers in Section One with current information, guidance and training opportunities to fulfill all aspects of the AYSO National Referee Program. A good place to find everything about the program is in the National Referee Program Manual. You will find links to topics such as Laws of the Game, Referee forms, Books on Refereeing, Game videos and more. This material is provided to assist in your development as a Referee.
If there are additional materials or links that you feel would benefit our Referee community, please forward your recommendations to the Section One Referee Administrator.
- 18 Jul: New USSF Recommendations for Referee Skin Care New Recommendations for Referee Skin Care News Jul 18, 2015 As part of U.S. Soccer’s commitment to health and safety, our medical and referee experts have prepared the following recommendations for the referee community http://www.ussoccer.com/referees/resource-center/refereeing and incorporated them into our referee education materials. In the interest of health and safety, U.S. Soccer recommends that match officials practice the ...
- 31 Jul – 2 Aug: Areas 1H, N, R, S Super Camp Areas 1H-N-R-S are hosting a Super Camp 31 Jul – 2 Aug at Stokoe Elementary School, 4501 Ambs Dr., Riverside (map & directions). Coaching, Management and Referee courses will be offered! Download the flyer (click here) and register on eASYO. Questions? For information contact Warren Lucio at email@example.com.
- 18 Jun: 2015 Rules, Regulations and Laws of the Game posted The 129th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of The International Football Association Board (IFAB) took place in Belfast on 28 February 2015. The amendments to the Laws of the Game approved at this meeting. These came into force on 1 June 2015. The National Annual General Meeting (NAGM) took place in Scottsdale, AZ on 23 May 2015. Amendments ...
Summary of the 2014 Changes To the Laws of the Game
A summary of this year’s International Football Association Board changes to the Laws of the Game.
2015 Annual Referee Update
Interested in becoming a (better) Referee?
Section One 2015 Goals and Objectives
- Implement the AYSO National Referee Program in response to the needs of AYSO Referees in Section One
- Promote Referee Assessment and Instruction for all AYSO Referees
- Support the special development needs of Women Referees
- Implement Referee mentoring program for the development and retention of Referees
- Provide ongoing support of projects designated by the National Referee Advisory Commission
Section One Referee Staff
(left to right: Rich Fichtelman, Rick Roberts, Jody Kinsey, Sandy Wright)
- Section One Referee Administrator: Rick Roberts
- Section One Director of Referee Assessment: Rich Fichtelman
- Section One Director of Referee Instruction: Sandy Wright
- Section One Director of Referee Mentoring: Rick Roberts (acting)
- Section One Referee Assignor: Jody Kinsey
Updated: April 24, 2015 at 9:11 PM