“Soccer is like a play in two acts with the referee as the director. The drama contains the full spectrum of emotions including suspense, excitement, periods of calm followed by intense action, there are heroes and occasionally villains, and good performances building to a dramatic conclusion. A good director (referee) with well-coached actors (players) has the capability of creating a wonderful two-act play (game) that will be enjoyed by all who observe.” — Ken Aston
The Section One Referee website provides all volunteers in Section One with current information, guidance and training opportunities to fulfill all aspects of the AYSO National Referee Program. A good place to find everything about the program is in the National Referee Program Manual. You will find links to topics such as Laws of the Game, Referee forms, Books on Refereeing, Game videos and more. This material is provided to assist in your development as a Referee.
If there are additional materials or links that you feel would benefit our Referee community, please forward your recommendations to the Section One Referee Administrator.
- 15 Apr: Ken Aston Cup Cancelled The 2015 Ken Aston Cup has been canceled. Unfortunately, discussions for the Cup’s operations and future were concluded too late to allow us adequate time to organize successfully. We look forward to an early start regarding the 2016 Ken Aston Cup. We will advise you of its details as early next season as they are ...
- 19 & 26 Apr: Area 1P Referee Course Offerings Area 1P is offering Intermediate (roster # 201500478) and Advanced (roster # 201500479) referee courses at Beverly Hills High School (directions) on Sundays 4/19 & 4/26. The first day (4/19) attendees will take a written exam and go over the answers, and the advanced candidates will also take the fitness test. The second day (4/26) the ...
- 28 Mar: 2015 Annual Referee Review at EXPO The Annual Referee Review was presented at the Section 1/10/11 EXPO in San Diego 27-29 Mar 2015 is available online. Please take a moment and become familiar with the latest information on the National Referee Program.
Summary of the 2014 Changes To the Laws of the Game
A summary of this year’s International Football Association Board changes to the Laws of the Game.
2015 Annual Referee Update
Interested in becoming a (better) Referee?
Section One 2015 Goals and Objectives
- Implement the AYSO National Referee Program in response to the needs of AYSO Referees in Section One
- Promote Referee Assessment and Instruction for all AYSO Referees
- Support the special development needs of Women Referees
- Implement Referee mentoring program for the development and retention of Referees
- Provide ongoing support of projects designated by the National Referee Advisory Commission
Section One Referee Staff
(left to right: Rich Fichtelman, Rick Roberts, Jody Kinsey, Sandy Wright)
- Section One Referee Administrator: Rick Roberts
- Section One Director of Referee Assessment: Rich Fichtelman
- Section One Director of Referee Instruction: Sandy Wright
- Section One Director of Referee Mentoring: Rick Roberts (acting)
- Section One Referee Assignor: Jody Kinsey
Updated: April 24, 2015 at 9:11 PM